Thursday, March 10, 2011

Update on Swelling and Fitness Goals

Alright, I am days away from new and improved compression stockings. My doc moved me up to 40 to 50 for the compression grade. They should be coming in the mail soon and I am anxious to see if they keep my swelling down. I recently bought new wraps and have been better about the manual lymph drainage so I have noticed a phenomenal difference in the mornings, just not at the end of the day.

I also have increased my fitness goals at the gym and am now completing miles in much less time (on the elliptical). I range anywhere from 10.5 minutes to 11.5 minutes per mile. My ultimate goal is to get to 10 minutes per mile so I can knock out 3 miles in 30 minutes and then walk the 4th mile on the treadmill.

And how am I doing with my diet? Well I have completely cut out soda, iced tea etc. I do drink gatorade or powerade after the gym some days when I feel dehydrated. I have also cut out the sugar from my coffee and now use Splenda which really does not ruin the flavor of my coffee! I am still battling my addiction with cookies and candy. One day at a time, right?

No comments: