Thursday, June 27, 2013

"Lymphedema" is only a word

There are times when I feel defeated by my Lymphedema, times where the term ‘disability’ applies to me. Some days are so painful that I am limited to lying on the couch and propping it up. Some days, it’s like the limb fatigues my entire body and I just don’t have the energy a healthy person would have. I tend to get sick often, I tend to be in pain often and I tend to feel tired often. As I’ve been exercising more, my body and leg feels stronger, the pain has lessened and I’m not getting sick as often. Spinning increased the muscle mass in my Lymphedema leg and now I’m jogging and sprinting again. So my old buddy is back, running. Now that I’ve built up more muscle, running doesn’t cause as much swelling and pain as it had before. I want to see what I’m capable of and what my leg is capable of. I’m going to train for a 5K at the end of July. A small feat to some but a giant leap for me. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you blogging again. Thanks for the inspiration!